Monday, February 2, 2009

Week 4:Wikis at JHS

This week I am meant to learn about wikis. Hurrah. The wiki fascinates me. I love the idea of common knowledge, and a forum for others to share what they know. It pretty much rocks. I would love for students to create a wiki during their year in my 10th grade English class, but it feels like just another thing to add to my to-do list.

As far as I am concerned, Wikis are something that we should use, with caution. Last Spring, just for my own amusement, I started a Wikipedia entry for Juab High School. Since its creation, the entry has been edited and enhanced. This gives me quite a bit of faith in Wikipedia. If a small, seemingly insignificant entry such as this gets edited, how much more accurate must a significant entry be? Just a thought!

No comments: