Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Newest words in the English language

Came across these fun things in my Master's classes tonight. They brought me enough joy that I thought they were worth sharing.

Blamestorming: Combination of blaming and brainstorming. Used when co-workers sit around trying to figure out who is at fault for a missed deadline or botched project. “The client wasn’t happy. You know the boss will want to have a blamestorming session.”

Swipeout: When the magnetic strip on a credit card wears out due to use. “I just called my credit card company because my old card had a swipeout.”

Friendiligence: The amount of time it takes to maintain friend requests on social networks such as MySpace and Facebook. “I just don’t have time for all of this friendiligence!”

Prehab: A program to prevent young stars from behaving inappropriately. “Looks like Miley Cyrus is the only one who’s been to prehab.”

Irritainment: A celebrity spectacle that, like a car wreck, you just can’t turn away from. “Brittney Spears provided enough irritainment for 2007.”

Bromance: Combination of brother and romance used to describe a strong heterosexual relationship between to males. “Ben Affleck and Matt Damon have a great bromance.”

Earjacking: Eavesdropping on a conversation. “That guy at that table over there is earjacking us!”

Ginormous: Combination of gigantic and enormous. “That sandwich I just ate was ginormous.”

All of these words were found on this this reputable website.

No comments: