Sunday, November 22, 2009

Batman!

On friday I was tidying my classroom after school. Near the garbage can at the back of my classroom there was a little white pumpkin. I assumed it was a leftover Halloween decoration and picked it up to toss it in the trash. Under the ledge of a cupboard I saw something small and grey, and I went to pick it up as well. Don't worry. It was a bat. It was small and dead and a little flat. There was fur on its little tummy and whiskers near its nose. I screamed and dropped it once I realized what it was, and then ran to find some hand sanitizer. I carried it through the school on a piece of paper and showed a few other teachers. I also reported it to my principal so the grounds crew could look into it. A bat. In my beautiful classroom.

I brought it home because I wanted to take a picture of it, but I had left my camera out at the Bassett's home. Then, I panicked and felt a little ridiculous for keeping it in the first place, so I threw it away before getting photographic proof. Sad. Next time I find a bat in my classroom I promise to take a picture.

No comments: