Thursday, December 10, 2009

On Silence

"But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."
-Luke 2:19

This statement has been rolling around in my brain lately, one that is both meant for the season, and profound. I am not Mary by any means; I am not the sacred and special lady that she was. But I, too, am a woman of God, one who understands this concept of pondering within one's heart.

I have faced a great deal of feelings lately, and a few challenges. I find myself fast becoming the woman that I want to be; I am able to feel more joy than I ever expected to feel.

I am also racked with thoughts of despair, thoughts of sadness and loneliness that I cannot express.

More than anything, I sit on my thoughts. I ponder the life that I lead and the life that I want to lead and sometimes find it better to not say anything at all.

It is contrary to this post to even blog about this, but the moral of the story is this: sometimes silent pondering is okay, is more valuable than proclaiming one's thoughts to the world.

Happy almost Christmas!

No comments: